A headlamp is a really useful piece of equipment for treasure hunting, and for about four months I used a Thrunite TH-10 for that purpose, you can read my full review on that here. I can still recommend that light to anyone, but I wanted something with a wider beam and fully waterproof so I ended up buying yet another light: The Armytek Wizard Pro. I bought it as a Christmas present for myself and have used it frequently since. Now that the days are getting longer and it has seen some good use I want to write a review of it with metal detecting and camping in mind. Following you will find a couple of benefits I found it offers:
- It’s fully waterproof down to 3 meters, just like the AT Pro I use to detect. While the majority of my detecting happens on land it gives me great piece of mind not to worry about getting my gear wet so almost everything I own is either waterproof or held in a waterproof box like my phone and wallet.
- The beam is wide which lets me search for surface finds better.
- It’s bright. Apparently it’s the brightest single 18650 battery light out there, and I can vouch for the fact that it’s damn bright.
- Speaking of 18650 batteries I would never buy a light without one again. They are the future, and the future is bright, has more capacity and runtime.
- It can be worn as a headlamp, held in the hand or strapped to a backpack / belt with the included belt clip. I use it hand held with the clip most of the time so I can clip it to my belt or my jacket if I need both hands.
- It has a magnet on the tailcap. I LOVE MAGNETS. Seriously though, it has come in handy at several occasions when I had to repair my bicycle or the like.
- It looks like it’s from The Last of Us. Don’t judge me, but that was at least 50% of why I bought it.
I can’t really find any drawbacks, the only one I can think of is that it needs 18650 batteries which I have not yet seen in a store and have to order online. That being said I bought a pack of three and only ever need one, one is definitely enough to last throughout a night.
The charger I bought from Thrunite also doubles as a powerbank to charge my phone and camera gear which I find very useful.
So overall I think if you are a treasure hunter or camping / outdoor enthusiast this light is great because it does everything right and is fully waterproof so you never have to worry about getting it wet.
If you liked the review and want to support our channel so we can keep producing treasure hunting videos you can easily do so by buying the light or anything else you like on Amazon after clicking the banner below.